Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shower Photos

I was so busy hosting (and sweating and hiding behind my sunglasses) on Saturday at Julia's shower that I only took a few photos. She took a ton, and we promise to share them soon. But because everyone keeps asking, here are the few I took.

Mushroom cookies made by little girls! Clearly my life is worthless if children can bake better than me. And the little signs I made for all the food. The terra cot pots they're in are hidden.

Some of my favorite parts of the shower. First, the garland. There was one in each color on the three tables. And then the pots for the cutlery. All handmade.

Juls and her mom with the enormous, beautiful, and delicious cake - one of the only things we didn't make.

The gift/card table.

Barbara (owner of the home the shower was at) was getting rid of this chalkboard, so I decorated it with doilies, stamped them with JULIA and BRIDE, and used a chalkboard pen to write the countdown.

The favors are in the basket - seeds packets I designed myself and filled with forget-me-not seeds. The letter J was a perfect, last-minute find at TJ Maxx. The flowers were from one of the guests and so my watering can worked out as decorative and functional.  The galvanized steel pail held cards. The photos were displayed in front of doilies and strung along twine held up in two terra cotta pots with wooden stakes. We asked everyone to bring a photo of them with Juls. Of course, Donny's side didn't have this but what we brought worked.

Just some of her gifts. She is loved!

Juls with her mom, Tamara, and the homeowner/close family friend, Barbara.

Juls and me. Yes, I'm hiding my bruised, swollen eyes behind sunglasses and a hat.

Juls with Chelsea (Donny's sister, other bridesmaid) and me.

Cutting her cake. Love that her sandals and bracelets matched everything!

No comments: