Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Again?

Well, it's official: I'm sick. Again. I got my flu shot like a good girl as soon as I was well enough after surgery to go back to work and my regular life. Thank goodness, because a few weeks later, my dad was sick as a dog with the flu and it lasted a loooong time. I ended up with a sinus infection as he was finally turning a corner, but I think the timing was just a coincidence.

When I saw Dr. S (ENT surgeon) right before Thanksgiving, he reminded me that the sinus issues could persist for a while. I also have the odds stacked against me, since is the first winter I've lived in New England since 2006-2007. And the fact that it goes from snowing to 60° overnight doesn't help - the weather has been so strange lately. And the climate isn't changing? Yeah, OK...

Monday morning I woke up feeling not so great. I figured it had something to do with the fact that I went out the previous Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights - which is way more than I usually go out in a three-week period, let alone a five-day period. I checked with Julia and neither of them are sick, so I think this is just what Dr. S was warning me about. It's the same thing as last month -  head/neck aches, sinus congestion, post-nasal drip, and a sore throat from all of the above that is worst when I first wake up in the morning. My NetiPot is getting so much mileage it's not even funny. The only difference this time around is that I'm not sneezing every 3 minutes like I was last time. Actually, I can't recall the last time I sneezed.

Speaking of sneezing...

No comments: