Friday, October 12, 2012

Keeping Hallmark in Business

I'm a sucker for greeting cards. I give them for every occasion, and love getting them. Half the guys I have dated hate them, while the other half ( it sounds like I've dated 18 guys or something) always gave them, so maybe they hated them but knew I liked them.

Anyway, I usually recycle cards because I am not a pack rat, but I just had to get a photo of some of the recent cards I received for surgery and my birthday, because they were just too great to toss without remembering.

 This one is from my mom. She has been having a really hard time with her health lately, but she can still craft like a maniac. So of course she made my birthday card. I love the shoes, and now I wish they actually existed. Inside the card were gift cards to Stop & Shop and Dunkin Donuts, so the inside was almost as good as the front!

 This one is from KD. It was a combination get well/birthday card. She usually makes her cards from scrapbooking materials, and I assumed this one was, too. When I grabbed it from the mailbox, the ladybug was poking through the envelope and I worried that the post office had ruined her hard work. Either way, it was adorable and all hand-written on the inside.

 Let's be honest: men don't usually have a way with words. I'm perfectly OK with men letting Hallmark do the hard work for them. The outside of this card is pretty, but the inside was so fitting. It was all about how I've been through some tough times but turned out OK so far. I have to agree.

However, the best card ever award goes to Lauren. This card could not be more fitting or hilarious. I am forever correcting people's grammar (shut up, blog doesn't count) and Kristen and Lauren were usually there for the criticisms.

So feel free to send cards my way for any occasion or no occasion at all, and I will gladly return the favor.

No comments: